12.15.2010

Rammstein's MSG show reviewed



Our new bud Hardrockchick over at Hardrockchick.com has posted her show review from Rammsteins first and only U.S. show in ten years.

Seeing Rammstein live has existed as a myth in my mind for over 10 years. Saturday night that myth became reality, but it blew my mind so much that I’m not even sure what I experienced was real.

I first heard of Rammstein in the late ’90s on the Trent Reznor curated soundtrack to David Lynch’s Lost Highway. Even though I couldn’t understand a word of German, they fit well into the industrial metal bands I was listening to. Over the next decade, they would disappear and reappear into my life, usually driven by some sort of controversy or rumor. But what always intrigued me was that their live shows were supposed to be epic. Unfortunately, Rammstein has stayed out of America for the last 10 years. But that would all end on December 11 at the famed Madison Square Garden.

In usual HRC style, there was an interesting path that led to my attending this show. It sold out in 30 minutes, long before I even determined I could go. But after sending out a plea via twitter, networking hooked me up with someone who had an extra awesome ticket that they were willing to give me. I was so humbled by this gesture….just when you think the world has gone to shit, someone does something nice and my faith in humanity is momentarily restored.


read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment